Next up on our list of Penn State opponent previews are the Indiana Hoosiers. Head coach Kevin Wilson is in his fourth season in Bloomington and will look to continue to improve. His win total has increased every season and last season his team managed five wins, the most during his tenure.
Due to the conference realignment that took place with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers to the Big Ten, the Nittany Lions will be making a trip out to Indiana for the second straight season. Last year, the Nittany Lions were defeated 44-24. The loss was Penn State’s first ever in football to Indiana.
The Nittany Lions will be in full revenge mode for the trip to Indiana this season.
Like Penn State, the Hoosiers are in the Big Ten East division and face a tough conference schedule. A non-conference bout with Missouri will also be difficult.
Aside from a tough schedule, Indiana has to deal with the loss of several key players from a team that featured a very talented offense last year.
- Head Coach – Kevin Wilson, 4th season (10-26)
- Conference – Big Ten Conference
- 2013 Record – 5-7 (3-5 Big Ten)
- Key Departures – QB Tre Roberson, RB Stephen Houston, WR Cody Latimer, WR Kofi Hughes, S Greg Heban
- Key Returners – QB Nate Sudfeld, RB Tevin Coleman, WR Shane Wynn, LB David Cooper, S Mark Murphy