The Penn State Nittany Lions home opener against the University of Akron is set for a 12:00 PM on September 6, and this is the sixth announced kickoff time on the Nittany Lions 2014 schedule.
The game will be televised on ABC network to a regional audience. The remainder of the nation can follow head coach James Franklin’s first home contest on either ESPN or ESPN2. In addition, Penn State University will be celebrating its 1994 undefeated Big Ten and Rose Bowl Championship team as well as Red, White, and Blue Community Hero Day at Beaver Stadium.
Penn State currently holds a 4-0 record against the Zips. The last meeting against Akron was in 2009 and resulted in a 31-7 Penn State victory.
Other announced kickoff times for Penn State include the following:
- 2014 season opening game versus UCF (Date: Aug. 30, Time: 8:30 a.m. – game played in Dublin, Ireland, TV: ESPN2)
- Rutgers University’s first Big Ten game (Date: Sept. 13, Time: 8:00 p.m., TV: BTN)
- Homecoming 2014 vs. Northwestern (Date: Sept. 27, Time: 12:00 p.m., TV: TBA)
- “Battle in the Big House” vs Michigan (Date: Oct. 11, Time: 7:00 p.m., TV: ESPN or ESPN2)
- PSU’s annual all-stadium “Whiteout” vs Ohio State (Date: Oct. 25, Time: 8:00 p.m., TV: ABC or ESPN or ESPN2)
Continue to follow VBR for all the latest Penn State football information as we countdown to the beginning of fall practice and the season opener in the Croke Park Classic.