The B1G hockey schedule was released by the Big Ten Conference today and the Penn State men’s hockey team is figured to have at least ten games broadcasted on national television, most on the Big Ten Network, in the conference’s inaugural year. Some highlights of the newly released schedule include:
- The home opener against Army will be broadcasted on the BTN with an 8 p.m. puck drop.
- In January, the home game on the 13th against Minnesota (TBD start) and the away game against Michigan State on the 17th (6:30 p.m. start) will both be on the BTN. That weekend also kicks off Penn State’s Big Ten home play.
- February has a total of seven televised games, the first being at Ohio State on the 1st, a 2 p.m. start on ESPNEWS. Saturday the 8th against Michigan at home will be on ESPNU with a 5 p.m. start. The following Friday the 14th when the team hosts Michigan State will be held on the BTN and Saturday the 15th’s game will be on ESPNEWS, with 6:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. starts respectively. When the team visits Michigan on the 21st and 22nd, Friday’s game is being broadcasted on the BTN at 6:30 p.m. while Saturday’s game will be on FS Detroit Plus at 7 p.m. The team finishes off the month at Minnesota on the 28th at 9 p.m. on the BTN.
- Earlier, there were reports of the game on March 1st against Minnesota being broadcasted on NBCSN, first reported by our lovely friend over on Thank You Terry. However, the information has since been deleted from the Gopher’s website but since the game is still TBD it is still possible the Big Ten is gearing up for a bigger announcement sometime in the future.
- Also of note, all three rounds of the Big Ten Men’s Ice Hockey Championship that run from March 20th to the 22 in Minnesota will be broadcasted on the BTN with times ranging from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.